Todd W. Whitford
Attorney Whitford is a graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law (1995) where he was an Assistant Editor to the Insurance Law Journal and received distinction as a member of one of the School’s National Moot Court Teams. He joined the firm in 1998 and became a partner in 2003.
Attorney Whitford practices in the areas of Civil Litigation and Trial Work, including plaintiff’s personal injury, insurance defense, and commercial/construction litigation, as well as Family and Domestic Matters, Small Business Counseling, and Criminal Law. Mr. Whitford has considerable jury trial experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants, and has argued cases before the State Appellate and Supreme Courts and the Federal Second Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of the firm’s clients. As head of the firm’s real estate department, Attorney Whitford spends considerable time representing individuals, businesses, and banking institutions in land use and development matters, as well as residential and commercial real estate transactions. He regularly appears before various town boards and committees in this capacity.
Attorney Whitford, who is an avid outdoor enthusiast, lives in Somers, Connecticut with his wife, Debbie, and two children.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Tolland County Bar Association
Community Involvement and Public Service
- Town of Somers, Conservation (Wetlands) Committee
P: 860-525-3101 x231
Areas of Practice
- Family & Domestic Law
- Real Estate Transactions & Development
- Business Counseling
- Criminal Law
- Connecticut, 1995
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut, 1996
- Massachusetts, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeal, 2nd Circuit, 1998
- University of Connecticut, School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Albright College, B.A. (History/Political Science), 1992