John Stephen Papa
John Stephen Papa was admitted to the Connecticut bar in 1967, and is also admitted to the District of Columbia. He has practiced in all of the State Courts and the Federal District Court for the State of Connecticut.
Jack was educated at Fordham College, A.B. 1964, Fordham Law School, J.D. 1967, and University of Hartford M.S. Taxation 1987. From 1967 through 1970, Jack was a Judge Advocate and Military Judge in the United States Marine Corps.
John Stephen Papa has been associated with Howard, Kohn, Sprague & FitzGerald since 1970. Jack’s practice focus is civil litigation and he has been appointed a Special Master in the State and Federal Courts of Connecticut. His litigation practice includes all aspects of civil, tort, and commercial litigation. In addition to civil litigation, Jack has a general practice with matters involving real estate, real estate development, domestic relations and estate planning and settlement.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Manchester Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
Community Involvement and Public Service
- Special Master Superior Court, State of Connecticut
- Special Master, U.S. District Court, State of Connecticut
- Former Judge Advocate, Military Judge, United States Marine Corps
Areas of Practice
- 1967 Connecticut
- 1967 District of Connecticut
- Fordham College A.B. 1964
- Fordham Law School J.D. 1967
- University of Hartford M.S. Taxation