David A. Sylvestre
David Sylvestre was admitted to practice law in The State of Connecticut and U.S. Federal Court in 1989. Attorney Sylvestre has significant jury trial and court side trial experience. He has argued before the Connecticut Supreme court. He has selected over a hundred juries, conducted thousands of depositions, lead counsel in Jury and Court-side trials/ hearings, obtaining dozens of verdicts/judgements for his clients. His experience spans thousands of lawsuits and claims representing some of the nation’s largest insurance companies, Fortune 500 companies, small businesses and Connecticut families for over 32 years. He has provided legal counsel for settlement negotiations, hearings, arbitrations, mediations, work injury, auto, motorcycle and fall down injury, major truck accidents, medical malpractice, wrongful death, construction and fire claims, dram shop claims, subrogation, contract, insurance policy and commercial disputes, as well as under and un-insured policy claims and analysis.
Sylvestre began his law career at Hartford Superior Court clerking for the Honorable Judge Harry Hammer and also serving as general law paralegal and real estate paralegal for McEleney and McGrail law firm in Hartford, CT. He then served for nine years as in-house, senior litigation attorney for CNA Insurance where he managed a revolving file load of 85- 185 injury cases per year moving a heavy volume of 90-100 to settlement, judgment or verdict annually. He worked for a brief time with Attorney Charles Wood as Senior Trial Attorney with emphasis on Trucking accidents and defense.
Starting in 1996, Sylvestre managed his own insurance defense practice in North Haven, CT where he has successfully handled hundreds of tort cases, represented insurers, banks, creditors, and many Connecticut citizens in a broad variety of claims, mediations and arbitrations.
Some key memorable results include:
- Successfully litigated Childs vs. Bainer ground-breaking jury case concerning the issue of jury economic award without a non-economic award.
- Successfully defended clear liability rear-end collision jury verdict ($0) in favor of client
- Successfully defended clear liability lane cross-over jury verdict ($0) in favor of client
- Successfully defended high exposure and emotionally charged auto case with intoxicated defendant (.189bal), favorable jury verdict
- Successfully prosecuted summary judgment dismissal for young defendant in fork lift construction case in which demands against his client at time of summary dismissal was in excess of 3 million
- Appeal and Argue before the Connecticut Supreme Court concerning all-terrain vehicles and “Motor Vehicle” definitions in insurance policy, statute and regulation.
Attorney Sylvestre was “of counsel” with The Law Office of Baio & Associates, PC where he managed and conducted Worker Compensation, general law and liability services for trial and hearings.
Attorney Sylvestre lives in Hartford, CT with his wife of 35 years, Sheila and has been blessed to raise three children, Nick, Dan and Malaina. Family passions include hockey, sailing, ocean vacations, skiing, painting, fishing, hiking, horse-back riding and musical instruments.