Claudia A. Baio
Claudia Baio graduated from The University of Connecticut School of Law in 1989 and Trinity College in 1986. She is admitted and licensed to practice in the state courts in Connecticut, Massachusetts and Michigan, United States District Court – District of Connecticut, the District of Columbia, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
She is past president of the Hartford County bar Association, Connecticut Defense lawyers Association and Rocky Hill Chamber of Commerce, is the former State Representative for DRI, in which she is active on the Insurance Committee and the Women in the law Committee. She is a member of the invitation only organizations of Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) and serves on its Insurance Committee and as an assistant State Representative, as well as The Association of Defense Trial Lawyers (ADTA) and the American Counsel Association (ACA). has been named a Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer form 2007 thru present, and AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Attorney Baio’s practice is diverse with strong focus on litigation.
Areas of practice include civil litigation defense, insurance defense, workers compensation defense and insurance policy/contract analysis. General practice areas also include real estate closings, will preparation and representation of attorneys in grievance proceedings. She also serves as a mediator and arbitrator both privately and through the court system.
Prior to joining Howard, Kohn, Sprague and FitzGerald, Attorney Baio owned her own practice, The Law Offices of Baio and Associates, for 14 years with the same practice areas. Attorney Baio was also previously managing partner for Reliance insurance staff counsel’s office, and prior to that was a partner at a Hartford law firm.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- State Contracting Standards Board (Member and Chair, appointed 2013)
- Hearing Appeals Officer for Land Use Citations (Appointed 2013)
- Amicus Mediation and Arbitration Group, Inc. (October 2012 – Present)
- Federal Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC)
P: 860-525-3101 x232
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Defense and Coverage
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Wills and Estates
- Workers’ Compensation
- Grievance Defense
- Connecticut, 1989
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- The University of Connecticut School of Law (1986 – 1989)
- Trinity College-Hartford (1982 – 1986)